Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I know I am a medical student because

I get nearly 100% of my fluids from caffeinated beverages.

I have gone out drinking after an anatomy exam...at 11 in the morning.

I spend more time on my cadaver's body on a given day than I do on my own in roughly a week.

I have skipped class...in order to study.

I have learned so many mnemonic devices, I have trouble keeping them all straight (and they all have to do with drinking or sex--especially the ones I've written for myself).

I can now eat a meal while discussing dissection technique (and in fact did so on Sunday night...thanks for the dinner and calvaria-removal talk, Dr. Ginder!)

I have realized that while showers can wait, and laundry can wait, anatomy waits for no man (or woman).

I have had dreams about the brachial plexus.

I have come, after almost a semester of medical school, to realize that I have more to learn than I could ever have previously fathomed. This is both very humbling and terribly exciting.

No comments: