Sunday, January 4, 2009

No fumare

No smoking in...Italian, maybe?
Did you know nicotine is more addictive than heroin by most objective measures?
I did. And I'm trying to quit despite that knowledge. I went cold turkey once before, in college, and didn't smoke for 6 months...then stupidly, oh-so-stupidly, started again.
So right now, as I'm quitting (not trying to quit--quitting) I could kill someone--maybe myself, maybe an innocent bystander--with a spoon.
And so I was actually on the edge of breaking down and going to the corner store to get some nic sticks/coffin nails/ciggies/fags/whatever you call them, only to find (yeah, ha ha ha, Universe, really hilarious) that my ID is temporarily MIA. So no dice. This, to me, is a coincidence--but it's also an example of the Goddess saying, "You promised you were going to quit. Now sit your ass down and do some deep breathing." What a lesson in surrender.
Mysterious ways, indeed. I can't shake the feeling that Divinity has pinched my driver's license. Luckily I walk to school.

No comments: